Excellent Blogs For Your Reading Pleasure
by Charlotte Reads Classics
I’ve got a Versatile Blogger Award! Hurrah! I’ve never had an award for blogging before, thank you very much to Lauren at Thoughts on My Bookshelf for nominating me! I love reading her blog, she has excellent taste in books and her writing is always very witty, so go have a look if you haven’t already. 🙂
So I now have to list seven things about myself… here goes:
- Other than books my passion is FOOD. Proper food, mind you. I normally wake up in the morning and start planning my dinner. I am also a weekday Vegetarian!
- My favourite day is Sunday. Let me read in bed in the morning, go to a National Trust property in the sunshine, and make something nice for dinner: I’ll be perfectly happy.
- I live in faux countryside, i.e. in a new flat on part of an old Country estate. I’d kill to live properly in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by green and be completely self-sufficient.
- I work in a book shop.
- I love nature. Show me big skies, the sea, trees, mountains, yellow fields, anything as long as I can admire it.
- When I was in Primary school, my dream job was being a writer. Its something that has been in the back of my mind ever since, but now I’m starting to think that I don’t want to do anything else.
- I never thought I would become a morning person, but I really have. The earlier I can get up the better, and I hate having to go to bed late!
I also get to shout about blogs I love and nominate them for the Versatile Blogger Award. I read each of these blogs religiously and think you should too.
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
Thank the person who gave you this award.
Include a link to their blog.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Being able to visit a National Trust property every Sunday is such a wonderful idea. Infact if you were able to do that year round you would have visited them all in no time! I was never a morning person either, then I discovered I work much better if I just get everything done in the morning and preferably a lot before breakfast.
Thanks Charlotte! I love reading your blog as well. 🙂
Thank you! I’m glad to hear you enjoy reading Gudrun’s Tights – I love reading your blog, as well.
Wow thank you very much, Charlotte – I always keep up with your blog too 😀
Congratulations on your award and thanks for thinking of me! Your blog has become a regular stop for me, too. Seems like you’re always reading great books.
Thank you, Charlotte! I really enjoy reading your blog and read it regularly as well.
Congratulations on the award, very much deserved and definitely one of my favourites.
It sounds like you are exactly where you ought to be, and visiting National Trust properties, well that sounds almost like inhabiting the classic stories of those years when people used to live in those grand estates, your imagination must be rich with all that stimulus and inside knowledge and views 🙂
Thank you ❤ I love your blog too, you're one of my favourites 😀
Thanks Charlotte! I’m quite new to all this so very pleased you’re enjoying it! I love your blog too, and you seem to have read a lot of the books I’ve been reading this year, so I’m really enjoying seeing what you thought of them and comparing notes 🙂
Thank you so much! I love reading all your witty thoughts on literature — it was a great day when I stumbled upon your blog. 🙂 (And please accept my apologies for the delay in my response. My current reading rut has kept me out of the loop a bit. Grr!)
I recently made the switch to vegetarianism and am always on the lookout for new food ideas. Any great recipes you could share?
[…] a final note, I wanted to thank Charlotte of Charlotte Reads Classics for The Versatile Blogger Award she included me in recently. All of the blogs she lists are excellent and it was very nice to be […]