The Latest Acquisitions
by Charlotte Reads Classics
Yes, Penguin English Library titles are becoming increasingly more irresistible, I’ve now added:
- Shirley by Charlotte Brontë
- Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens
- Pamela by Samuel Richardson
I haven’t read a Brontë novel in ages and ages, the brilliance of the Dickens cover speaks for itself and the Samuel Richardson is going to remain untouched until I return to Clarissa (that day will surely come).
- NW by Zadie Smith
- John Saturnall’s Feast by Lawrence Norfolk
- The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
- When She Woke by Hillary Jordan
- The Greatcoat by Helen Dunmore
I’ve heard good things about a lot of these books so I am looking forward to working my way through them all. Have you read any of these or are you planning on reading them?