Perhaps a post I should have written before my 2013 reads but here are the results of another year successfully recorded. In 2012 I read 85 books.
My particular top ten favourite reads and recommendations this year are:
- Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
- Nancy Mitford, particularly The Pursuit of Love, but all of her books really
- David Lodge, A Man of Parts for introducing me to H. G. Wells and Ann Veronica
- Dodie Smith, I Capture The Castle
- Ernest Hemingway, again, for The Old Man and the Sea
- Pat Barker, Regeneration (and all things WWI)
- James Joyce, Ulysses – not a favourite but I’m still bloody proud!
- Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina and always a favourite
- Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights and the joys of re-reading
- Samuel Richardson, Clarissa – the ultimate classic